- Advertising Aerospace Agriculture Animals/Pets Automotive Biotech Boating Business / economics Chemistry Cities and provinces Comics Computer hardware Computers Construction Countryside Culture and art
- Decoration Education Electronics Energy Engineering Environment and nature Family Finance Food and Beverages Forest and Wood Gardening Government Handicraft Homeland Insurance International
- Legal Leisure Lifestyle Logistics Manufacturing Marketing Media Medical Metal industry and Metallurgy Military Music and Entertainment Non-profit Paper industry Photography Politics Publishing
- Real estate Religion Retail Science Security Site News Social services Software Sport / leisure Sports Telecommunications Topstory Tourism Working life
Home » Releases » Advertising » HKSF Entices Overnight Visitors with Lucky Draws, Citywide Offers & Intensive Overseas Promotions
HKSF Entices Overnight Visitors with Lucky Draws, Citywide Offers & Intensive Overseas Promotions
Published: 02-Jun-2015 09:05 am
Publisher: The Hong Kong Tourism Board
OVER HK$400M OF PRIZES AWAIT VISITORS
Hong Kong Summer Fun Entices Overnight Visitors with Lucky Draws, Citywide Offers & Intensive Overseas Promotions
From 15 June to 31 August, visitors will find their trip in Hong Kong more rewarding than ever, as the Hong Kong Tourism Board (HKTB) is rolling out the massive Hong Kong Summer Fun campaign, providing visitors with such delights as tempting offers on tourism products and hotel rooms. Visitors can also take part in two lucky draws at Hong Kong International Airport, namely the “Instant Mega Draw”, which guarantees a prize for every visitor, and the “Return to Hong Kong like a Millionaire” draw, with the prize of a luxury return trip to Hong Kong.
With the aim of attracting overnight visitors during the upcoming peak travel season andboosting retail spending, the Hong Kong Summer Fun campaign will be promoted in key short-haul markets and the Mainland.
Hong Kong Summer Fun – SHOP EAT PLAY
The Hong Kong Summer Fun campaign will highlight three areas – shopping, dining and entertainment. HKTB Chairman Dr Peter Lam said: “The estimated budget for the entire campaign is around HK$80 million, including HK$30 million earmarked for our summer promotion and additional funding of HK$50 million from the Government. This will be the biggest HKTB promotion in recent years, as it will be intensively promoted in major short-haul and Mainland markets, with a new promotional video broadcast on key TV and digital channels in the target markets and consumer promotions on social media platforms to maximise exposure. We are also partnering with hotels, airlines and other trade partners to roll out attractive tourism products and competitively priced hotel offers.
“Supported by the Airport Authority Hong Kong, the local retail, catering and hotel sectors, attractions, and shopping malls, the HKTB will stage two lucky draws, namely the ‘Instant Mega Draw’ and ‘Return to Hong Kong like a Millionaire’, giving out a variety of prizes sponsored by the local trade,” said Dr Lam. “There will also be special offers on dining, shopping and entertainment across the city, and a huge array of events to enrich the visitor experience this summer.”
Overseas promotions and citywide offers
Starting from June, the HKTB will launch a mega promotion to raise awareness of the campaign in various markets. On top of broadcasting a new commercial on digital channels and major TV channels, like National Geographic Channel, Discovery
Networks, CNN, the BBC, and Star Movies, it will organise PR events in southeast Asian markets and Taiwan, and invite international media guests and influential bloggers on familiarisation trips to Hong Kong to encourage them to showcase the impressive line-up of summer programmes to consumers in their home markets through their coverage.
In addition, thanks to strong support from the Hong Kong Hotels Association and the Federation of Hong Kong Hotel Owners, visitors will be able to enjoy attractive hotel accommodation offers. For instance, some hotels will give visitors who stay three nights one night free, while others will allow guests who stay three consecutive nights or more to be fully reimbursed with dining credits for use in their restaurants.
Meanwhile, in collaboration with airlines and other trade partners, the HKTB has developed tactical packages for various markets, such as a three-day, two-night package for two at HK$2,500 for Taiwan, and half-price packages for Japan.
A highlight of Hong Kong Summer Fun is the lucky draws. Visitors entering and leaving Hong Kong through the airport can take part in two lucky draws to win prizes provided by local merchants and attractions. The grand prize, available for 10 winners, is a luxury return trip to Hong Kong.
1) Upon arrival – Instant Mega Draw (Total value of prizes: over HK$400 million)
When visitors land at Hong Kong International Airport, they can take part in the “Instant Mega Draw” to be immediately given a “Free 7-Day csl Wi-Fi Pass” and prizes including jewellery, designer watches, HK$1,000 UnionPay Card spending
credits, four-day, three-night cruise trips, tickets for attractions, HK$1,000 shopping mall cash coupons, and dining vouchers.
2) Before departure – Return to Hong Kong like a Millionaire lucky draw (Total value of prizes: over HK3 million)
Before leaving Hong Kong, visitors can enter the “Return to Hong Kong like a Millionaire” lucky draw. The 10 winners will be able to take one friend or family member on a luxury four-day, three-night return trip to Hong Kong. Not only will they travel in business class tickets sponsored by Cathay Pacific or Dragonair, but they will also receive a HK$50,000 UnionPay Card spending credit, luxury mobile phones offered by CSL Mobile Limited, a luxury hotel stay, 10 Michelin-starred dining experiences, and VIP tours offered by attractions.
3) Citywide spending offers
Members of the Quality Tourism Services Association, other merchants from the retail, catering and hotel sectors, and attractions will roll out special offers during the campaign period. Visitors can also download e-coupons from the HKTB website and the “My Hong Kong Guide” mobile application to enjoy a host of offers.
In addition to the above, the HKTB will promote a superb line-up of events to visitors to ensure they have endless fun shopping, eating and playing in Hong Kong.
Other releases of publisher
- 24.06.2015 10:09DRAGON BOAT CARNIVAL RETURNS AS HOTTEST SUMMER EVENT - 4,000 Paddlers to Battle it out in Victoria Harbour while BeerFest Transports Visitors and Locals to Old Hong Kong
- 02.06.2015 09:05HKSF Entices Overnight Visitors with Lucky Draws, Citywide Offers & Intensive Overseas Promotions
- 14.04.2015 10:03STATEMENT BY THE HONG KONG TOURISM BOARD ON THE ADJUSTMENT OF THE POLICY ON MULTIPLE-ENTRY INDIVIDUAL VISIT ENDORSEMENTS FOR SHENZHEN RESIDENTS BY THE MAINLAND AUTHORITIES