- Advertising Aerospace Agriculture Animals/Pets Automotive Biotech Boating Business / economics Chemistry Cities and provinces Comics Computer hardware Computers Construction Countryside Culture and art
- Decoration Education Electronics Energy Engineering Environment and nature Family Finance Food and Beverages Forest and Wood Gardening Government Handicraft Homeland Insurance International
- Legal Leisure Lifestyle Logistics Manufacturing Marketing Media Medical Metal industry and Metallurgy Military Music and Entertainment Non-profit Paper industry Photography Politics Publishing
- Real estate Religion Retail Science Security Site News Social services Software Sport / leisure Sports Telecommunications Topstory Tourism Working life
Over 60,000 Gifts Collected through HKIA Gift Donation 2015 Campaign
published: 30.01.2015 klo 04:25
- First Collaboration with The Link to Support The Salvation Army Hong Kong and Macau Command -
(HONG KONG, 26 January 2015) - The HKIA Gift Donation 2015 Campaign, a Hong Kong-wide campaign jointly organised by Airport Authority Hong Kong (AA) and The Link Management Limited (The Link) for the first time, came to a successful finale today with more than 60,000 gifts received via collection points at Hong Kong International Airport and 10 of The Link’s shopping centres from 10 to 25 January. The collected gifts will be distributed to underprivileged children and families through The Salvation Army Hong Kong and Macau Command.
A closing ceremony was held today to conclude the campaign, attended by guests including Vivian Cheung, Deputy Director, Airport Operations, AA; Dr Calvin Lee Kwan, General Manager - Sustainability of The Link; and Envoy Simon Wong, Community Relations Director, The Salvation Army Hong Kong and Macau Command.
During the ceremony, Mrs Cheung expressed her gratitude to the airport community, travellers across the globe and members of the public for their generous support of the campaign. Mrs Cheung said, “Through the event, we would like to propagate a positive message of sharing and caring to the airport community as well as the general public of Hong Kong. With the full support of The Link and The Salvation Army, as well as our valuable business partners and the airport community, the campaign drew to a close with encouraging results. AA will continue to engage the airport community for other charity events in the future.”
Dr Kwan said, “We are pleased to have joined the AA to launch this meaningful event at our shopping centres. This initiative aligns very closely with The Link’s effort to promote community well-being and sustainable development. We are delighted to see that the initiative has been well-supported by our staff and shoppers in the community as evidenced by the overwhelming response received at each of our shopping centre collection points. The Link is proud to participate in this successful campaign and we look forward to continue creating value for the communities around us.”
The campaign received an overwhelming response from individuals and business organisations, who contributed gifts including brand-new toys, chocolate, and even computers and printers. They will be given to underprivileged children and families through The Salvation Army Hong Kong and Macau Command as a festive greeting during the Chinese New Year.