- Advertising Aerospace Agriculture Animals/Pets Automotive Biotech Boating Business / economics Chemistry Cities and provinces Comics Computer hardware Computers Construction Countryside Culture and art
- Decoration Education Electronics Energy Engineering Environment and nature Family Finance Food and Beverages Forest and Wood Gardening Government Handicraft Homeland Insurance International
- Legal Leisure Lifestyle Logistics Manufacturing Marketing Media Medical Metal industry and Metallurgy Military Music and Entertainment Non-profit Paper industry Photography Politics Publishing
- Real estate Religion Retail Science Security Site News Social services Software Sport / leisure Sports Telecommunications Topstory Tourism Working life
Home » Releases » Non-profit » SHKP promotes healthy and sustainable living by joining Earth Hour and Hike for Hospice
SHKP promotes healthy and sustainable living by joining Earth Hour and Hike for Hospice
Published: 07-Apr-2015 11:33 am
Publisher: Sun Hung Kai Properties Limited
As part of its continuous promotion of healthy and sustainable living, Sun Hung Kai Properties Limited (SHKP) integrates environmental considerations into daily business operations and supports green initiatives in the community. The company also fosters and takes part in charitable events, and encourages staff to exercise for worthy causes.
Over 200 developments commit to Earth Hour
SHKP recently joined the global Earth Hour for the seventh straight year, showing its commitment to saving energy and working for a sustainable ecosystem. Over 200 malls, office and residential buildings under the management of SHKP subsidiaries Hong Yip and Kai Shing switched off lights for an hour, including Hong Kong’s tallest building International Commerce Centre (ICC) as well as Kowloon Commerce Centre (KCC), which received the first Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) gold certification accorded to a Hong Kong building. Sun Hung Kai Centre, APM and Mikiki also answered Earth Hour’s call.
In keeping with its belief in Building Homes with Heart, SHKP serves the community and develops premium properties that integrate environmental considerations into project planning and development. The company has 36 Hong Kong and mainland projects received international green certifications under the Hong Kong Building Environmental Assessment Method (BEAM) or LEED. SHKP also encourages young people to appreciate nature through its Love Nature Campaign, which will expand its activities from beach clean-ups and coastal excursions to country park clean-ups and outings this year. Participants will see different dimensions of nature and enhance green awareness.
Sponsors Hike for Hospice for 19th year and exercises for charity
SHKP encourages staff to practice healthy living and back charitable causes. For the 19th consecutive year, the company sponsored the Hike for Hospice. The event was recently held at Tai Lam Country Park in Yuen Long and the SHKP hiking team did the 14km route. Proceeds will be used to support hospice and palliative care, including assistance to end-of-life patients and their families in a facility being developed by the Society for the Promotion of Hospice Care.
SHKP supports Earth Hour with over 200 malls, office and residential buildings switching off lights for an hour
SHKP hiking team exercise for charity and show the company’s spirit of corporate social responsibility
Other releases of publisher
Search from category
Newest of the category
- 28.04.2017 16:55(內含片段)禁食貓狗肉，台港合力落實執法.docx
- 28.04.2017 16:51(Video included)Taiwan Hong Kong Implement Dog and Cat Meat Ban Law Enforcement - Animal Guardians Unleash the Hounds!
- 28.04.2017 16:48(Video included)Taiwan Hong Kong Implement Dog and Cat Meat Ban Law Enforcement - Animal Guardians Unleash the Hounds!